At Greenville Marine & Sport Center, we offer a wide variety of quality boats, hunting supplies, and fishing supplies for our Greenville, NC customers. If you are on the market for some new fishing tackle, here are a few of the different types you can choose from:
- Jigs- these are the most popular type of artificial bait. They are inexpensive and versatile enough to catch most types of fish.
- Spoons- this type of bait gets its name from its appearance- curved and metal. They spin in the water and catch the fish’s attention.
- Spinners- as their name indicates, spinners spin in the water to attract fish.
- Plugs- these are typically made from wood or hollowed plastic. They are usually in the shape of frogs or other bait attractive to fish.
- Plastic bait- this type of bait usually looks like the common types of live bait such as worms.
- Flies- these are used for fly fishing. They are called flies because they look like insects floating on the top of the water.
This list just scratches the surface about fishing tackle. If you want expert advice on what type of bait you should be using, come see us at Greenville Marine & Sport Center, and we will be happy to help. For more online information about tackle, visit these two articles: “The Ultimate Fishing Bait Guide” and “Types of Fishing Baits and Lures.”